Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Fond Farewell


Alas June is upon us. June marks the end of the 2006-2007 SU! Idea Book & Catalog. With the end of this catalog comes the ever dreaded Retirement list. I am sad to say that MY all time favorite set is on "that list"!! Several of my club members have commented about Roses in Winter. I am trying to push them over the edge. *club girls if you are reading this....YOU NEED THIS SET!!* Is that subtle enough?!? LOL!

For this card, I stamped the main image on Shimmery white. I have a tendency to hoard that paper!! I don't want to use it, it is so pretty!!! I stamped the large rose in Pretty in Pink ink. The key to using this stamp set is the smooshing....Stamp your image and without lifting you stamp from the paper, turn the stamp a quarter turn. I believe it was Jeanne S who taught that on SCS. I can't get SCS up right now to know for sure. The quarter turn feathers out the image making it look fuller. I did that for each layer of the rose. The second and third layers were done using Regal Rose ink. Creamy Carmel ink was sponged to the edges of the scallop. I love that distressed look.

Out of curiosity...What stamp set are you most sad to see go? Roses in Winter...I bid you adieu.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am mourning the loss of Balmy Breezes. boohoo! Beautiful card, btw!

Shabbychick Junk said...

OOOOOOOOH PRETTY. IT'S MY FAVE TOO, GIRLIE! LET'S TAKE A MOMENT HERE, OK? SNIFF.

Debbi T said...

I'm with Suze, and you, Otter - RIW and BB are breaking my heart! But I won't part with either of them!!!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Beautiful card!

Karen said...

Beautiful card. Love the circle

Debbi T said...

Ottah - I'm still not over losing RIW and BB (I'm in the corner cryin' with Suze). I may NEVER get over this loss.