Saturday, January 6, 2007

A "Balmy" January day!!!


Can you believe it hit 65 degrees here yesterday!! It's January!!! Where's the snow? Where's the cold? I probably should be careful what I ask for!! Last thing we need is a snow storm like those hitting Denver!!

My brother celebrated his eighth wedding anniversary last month. I always try to come up with something that isn't to "foo fooey" when giving a card to him. I wanted something elegant, but it also needed that masculine touch. The brads offer up as a perfect embellishment for this. I even whacked 'em a few times with my hammer to give the card even more texture.

I have this fantastic little book that is called, The Cookie Cutter Collection by Simply Sentiments. There are 201 different card templates in this book. I used this book to draw inspiration for the layout. Cardstock is SU! of course!! I am such a snob when it comes to cardstock. More Mustard, True Thyme, and Very Vanilla were used. The designer paper is by Crate. Heartfelt Thanks is one of my favorite SU! stamp sets to use. It is one of those sets that gives you perfect results every time. I don't know if this card is perfect, but I certainly like the way that it turned out!! I hope you do also!!

1 comment:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

AWESOME card Otter. I love that Crate!!!! And I love love love distressing brads like that, too.